Wednesday 5 December 2012

How to fake it: Drippy Chanel DIY

How to fake it: Drippy Chanel DIY

What you'll need:

  • Plain white t-shirt (mine is from Primark men's in size medium as I wanted a baggy style)
  • black and silver fabric paint (mine is Dylon and can be purchased from John Lewis/ Ebay)
  • some paintbrushes
  • tailor's chalk pencil/ a light pencil and rubber
I love Chanel as a brand and recently I've seen a lot of images of 'drippy chanel' DIYs appearing on tumblr and they're becoming quite popular in Britain. When I went to Camden Lock, there were stalls full of these! The cheaper alternative is to buy a cheap t-shirt from primark and do it yourself. Using a light hand, sketch your design onto your tshirt with tailor's chalk pencil or just a normal pencil. I googled images of this, like the one above. Essentially, it's like an incomplete pie chart then you draw on your drips. After that I just painted over my design in black fabric paint and when this had dried I added some glitter paint for a bit of sparkle.

How to style:
I roll the sleeves of my tee and I like to wear it tucked in to jeans although in a lot of pictures I see, people wear them tucked in to high waisted jeans which looks really nice. Throw on a leather jacket and some Dr Martens or battered converse, outfit complete :)

4 comments:

  1. wow your shirt looks really amazing! love the print and the baggy style! thumbs up, you did a great job!!!

    check out my blog if you like:

    www.walkonthestylesite.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I hope it helps, I definitely will! X

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! I will probably try this out with my friends! :)) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks you, me and my friend made ours at the same time, she did a really cool anchor on hers :) xx

      Delete